The View From Here

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Death Threats Over Table Manners?

I might be getting in over my head here, but when a principal of a school in Montreal is receiving death threats over a students eating habits ya gotta wonder what's wrong with this world. In today's paper it tells the story of a 7-year old Filipino boy who was eating in his "traditional" manner in the school lunch room and was accused of eating "like a pig". Help me out here people, is there something I'm missing in this story. AP reports that there are demonstrations in Manila over this and the Philippines' ambassador to Canada calls this affair "an affront to Filipino culture" ??? Is this multi-culturalism gone a little far maybe? Shouldn't 7 year old have some table manners? Should everyone be allowed to eat in public according to their culture? The family has decided to file a human rights complaint? Am I missing something here?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home