The View From Here

Monday, March 05, 2007

Canadians Are Nuts!


If you need proof that this is so, I present two photo's to make my point. I just snapped these of a tree company looking for tree stumps under that snow. The purpose of that task is of course to "stump" them, which means grinding them to a pulp. Why now you ask? Beats the heck out of me, those trees were cut down by the city 3 months ago!

That's just how things work in T-Dot, one speed, slow. But really, we are in the midst of snow squalls (lake effect snow) and it's really cold and windy out. They had to do some digging to find the two stumps and it seems to me that city contractors could be put to better use right now, like picking up some of those big tree branches that are down all over town.

We're a pretty hardy bunch I admit, but this is just kind of nuts.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

yes that does look like nuts! Thanks for the visuals.

1:25 PM  
Blogger Rositta said...

When I get my b-day present, a better camera I can take better pictures. That was as close up as I could get without going outside and freezing...

4:04 PM  
Blogger African Kelli said...

Certainly doesn't make any sense to me. Why do they need to stump anything in the snow?

12:44 PM  
Blogger Rositta said...

Kelli, stumping is when after they cut the tree to the base they drill down to kill the roots...it's what they do but it really should have been done long ago. Our city doesn't run very well.

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home