The View From Here

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

I'm Still Here - Honest

If your wondering what the heck happened to me, the truth is, I'm sick. I came back to Athens from Germany with an incredibly bad cold that had me kind of bed bound the last couple of days. I did briefly make it to a beach yesterday only to fall asleep in the sun. Lucky for me the sun at the end of September isn't terribly strong so no sunburn.

I still don't have dependable Internet access and have found a little Internet cafe down the street from where we stay. It appears to be only dial up it's so slow, although the owner does try to tell me it's DSL. Why don't I believe him? I've been waiting about ten minutes to upload 6 photo's and I'm still waiting. On the other, Internet cafes are easier to find here than in Germany, go figure...

To continue the Germany adventure, from Koblenz we followed the River Mosel to what was to be our final destination of Trier. En route we of course got lost, which by the way, happened quite frequently. I have lots of photos of my friend pouring over the map trying to figure out were we where.

Birkenfeld Where Are We

Seems we got a little lost and ended up in the Eifel Mountain instead of Cochem.

Lost int he Eifel Mounain 1 (1)



At the end of the first day we scored a small hotel in the town of Cochem. It was right on the river and offered a pretty view. After a dinner out we hit the Wine Cellar of our hotel for a little nightcap. It was decorated typically German, dark with lots of beer steins all around. After a few glasses of wine and some cognac, I got right into the spirit and a good time was had. If I recall I had a little trouble getting to the fourth floor of the hotel to go to bed.

This is before the Wine Celllar

Cochem for der Hexe

Cochem 1 (13)

On Tuesday, we continued our journey to Trier and I'm going to write more when I can.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Jan said...

Have a glass for me too! Lovely pictures.

11:04 AM  
Blogger CaliforniaKat said...

great photos of you! hope you're feeling better.

btw, that slow speed we call dial up is called DSL in Greece. we're being charged a pretty penny to have it at home, and it comes nowhere close to the speed they claim; we've measured it.

Have some wine lol

3:10 PM  
Blogger Chrysalis said...

Awe, I'm sorry you came down with a nasty old cold on your trip. It is so nice to see your pictures and know you are still managing to have a great time. I've still got to get over here and read up more. There aren't enough hours in the day sometimes for all I'd like to fit in.
Enjoy my friend!

5:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home