The View From Here

Saturday, February 18, 2012

One Out Of Two Done

We are doing some remodeling here in the old homestead and one thing is finished. Well close enough, we actually will replace all the handles and knobs but I haven't found any I like just yet. My tiny galley kitchen has always bugged me. Time for some changes.

Before...

IMG_5435

Now... Jeremy and helper hard at work.

IMG_5436

Steve is inspecting...

IMG_5437


Yup, get that faucet right...

IMG_5440

Finished, isn't it pretty...

IMG_5441

Phase two will happen by the end of next week and I can hardly wait.

Meanwhile, there is no new knitting to show this time. I have a shawl that I have been working on for two years that I'm determined to finish. It has 18 charts and I'm in the home stretch. Only two more charts to go. That would be Nefertiti...

Jan 18, 2010

After my little laser a couple of weeks ago I'm still having trouble with one eye. Interestingly enough the eye that was the worst one, the one that had the retinal damage is perfect. The other one, not so much. It goes fuzzy almost like a curtain going down and then clears up again. It's annoying. I see the eye guy on Tuesday and hopefully he can deal with it.

We've also managed to sell our over sized dining room table and are currently eating from a card table. We bought a new round table way back end of December but it hasn't arrived. Yesterday we bought new leather dining chairs which are really comfortable. No more matchy poo sets for us. I dont like the look. That's it for now until the rest of the kitchen is done...

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Chrysalis Angel said...

Hi Rositta. Love the new counter top. It looks beautiful. I love to see before and after photos of remodeling. It's amazing how changing even one thing gives you a lift. Hope you are doing well.

6:58 AM  
Blogger Rudee said...

That's a beautiful piece of stone. You're right about the handles...it'll transform your space. It's such a simple touch, but one that makes a big difference.

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home