The Klutz is Alive and Well
When the offspring was last in Toronto, he decided the didn't like my shoes. How many guys notice shoes you might wonder especially their mother's shoes! In any case, he thought that the shoes that I owned were not supportive of my 6 foot frame. When you are this tall obviously the feet are just as big and so we made a trip to one of the only shoe stores that carry large sizes. At his urging I bought 3 pairs of very expensive shoes because of course the larger the size the larger the price tag.
So, it's almost ironic that yesterday while walking thru the mall I spotted a handbag that I thought my Mom would like in a cute rate shoe store. On my way into the store I tripped over boxes of shoes that they like to pile up by the front entry way and went splat all over their floor. I was wearing my good shoes, in case the offspring reads this'
My immediate concern was of course for my new hip which didn't hurt but as I tried to move the pain shot thru my knee and caused me to feel dizzy. Security was called to help me to my feet after it was established that the hip was fine. Ice packs were put on the old knee and after some time I was able to hobble to the car and drive myself home.
Today of course is another story. The entire body aches with the knee being the worst. Good news is and x-ray shows no breakage just bad bruising.
So much for expensive shoes. Doesn't make any difference if your a klutz.





3 Comments:
Klutz indeed. I hope I didin't inherit that.
I should have said this: 1) wear good shoes. 2) watch where you step.
Sheesh!
Well, I actually was looking straight ahead focused on the purse. The boxes just jumped out at my feet, kind of. I dont usually walk looking down.
There you go, it was the fault of... PURSES. Womens' greatest nemesis, nect to chocolate.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home