German Show of Pride

Soccer was my Father's favourite sport. When he was a young man in Germany he would go to most soccer matches in our home city of Wiesbaden. I'm told that he most often took me along although I dont remember, I was very young. My Dad also watched the World Cup games after we came to Canada and always cheered for Germany. My Dad is not around to watch the games anymore having died more than 5 years ago, but Mom and me are continuing the tradition by watching even though it's not really our sport. Give me a good hockey game anytime. Even my better half who is Greek is obliged to cheer for Germany or suffer the consequences since he lives with two German women. He's pretty good about it seeing as how Greece doesn't have a team. Deep down I know that Germany doesn't have a hope in hell of getting the World Cup but I'll cheer as long as they are there. I wish I was there to cheer in person, not for me but for my Dad.





1 Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home