The View From Here

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Ban Burqas In Canada


I am probably going to be accused of being a racist by some but I strongly believe that the head to toe covering of women should be banned in a secular society. I have felt this way for a long time and it has nothing to do with yesterday's arrest of 17 suspected terrorists.
Whether these men are in fact terrorists or just perpetrated an intricate fraud in order to be able to sue law enforcement for racial profiling remains to be seen. I always have this niggling suspicion in these instances. Hopefully it will all come out in the end, but I find it difficult to swallow when relatives see the collected evidence and yet swear their family members are "innocent".
There is one other issue I have with the Canadian government, and that is this; there seemed to be no problem revoking citizenship of elderly Ukrainian men who were forced to work the Nazi's in benign capacities such as translators yet we seem unwilling to do the same for Muslims with proven terrorist connections. An here I think specifically of the Khadr family. Remember them? One son is in Guantanamo, another her in Toronto jail awaiting extradition to the US, another is/was in a wheelchair injured fighting in Afghanistan against the Coalition forces, and don't forget the Mother and Sister who are on record as saying they wanted their sons to die in jihad. Isn't that treasonous? Why cant we just take away their Canadian citizenship and send them back? Oh yeh, I forgot, were Canada, land of the wimps.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your articles are very well written and very informative - I am duly impressed!!! Keep up the good work. D.

10:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

2:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Exactly, Italy has banned burqas so why can't we. I can't walk into a mall with a ski mask covering my face so what is the difference. If you can't see someone's photo id because all they have are eyes then that is a security problem. Hair coverings are fine, but the whole face is extreme. People come here to live a quiet life and part of the reason we have a peaceful society is because we are secular!!! Enough already Canada needs to stop being so polite and do what is necessary, if people don't like it- well they didn't have to come here.

10:29 AM  
Blogger Rositta said...

Nice to see readers on what started out just a place for me to vent. Christie Blatchford in today's Globe & Mail addresses the same subject but also objects to "womens sections" in the mosques.

7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home