Oh Those Anti-War Activists!
There are some things I believe in strongly and one of them is Remembrance Day. Every year I end up buying 3 or 4 poppies because they tend to fall off my jackets. I think they design them that way actually so you keep replacing them, but that okay, I don't mind. It is money I give gladly to help keep the Legion Halls open for our veterans.
Today surfing the web, as I am wont to do frequently, I came across this little gem out of Edmonton about anti-war activists appropriating the poppy,for their own purpose. They are selling their white poppy with peace written in the centers. I think this is wrong and offensive. They have the right to demonstrate anytime they choose in this country only because brave men and women fought for that right on their behalf. That's just my view.
For my readers who are knitters, I promise to post pictures of my finished projects real soon, honest.





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home