Anti War Protests
Generally I don't believe that these anti war protesters are right, in fact I consider them wimps, you know, the going gets tough and they run with their tail between their legs types, but in this instance I have to agree with them. It is time for Canada and maybe all of NATO to get out and leave them to themselves to sort out their "issues". Why should we care that it is a breeding ground for terrorists or that women who are not wearing burqa's cant go out in public or girl children cant go to school? Should we care that the Taliban is coming back stronger than ever?
In my view, and I have some pretty strong ones, it is a land that is beyond salvage and a peoples who are not willing to fight for themselves against the Taliban. Why, one would wonder, but one would only have to look as far as their poppy fields and opium production to understand. It is the Taliban, who in days past was against drugs, now use the drug money to fuel their resistance and we can't compete with the money they give to poor villagers to hide their activities. The west, in order not to upset the Afghanistan government has pretty well promised to leave the opium fields alone and so it is a lost cause.
Bring them home, give it up, but at the same time, look very very closely at anyone who wishes to immigrate to Canada from those countries and certainly take a real good look at refugees from the region and maybe not allow them into Canada. I'm sure Jack Layton would have something to say about that but remember, he's the guy who wants to negotiate with the guys who want to blow us up, just because were Christian and we have Democracy. Something to think about.





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home