The View From Here

Thursday, October 19, 2006

A Whole Four Hours

All to myself, to do whatever I want, what a treat. Problem was I couldn't really do any fun stuff, like go to a movie or out to dinner. My time was spent running errands, returning things that had been bought prior to my Mom's illness that were either not working or were wrong, and had been piling up in the back of my car.
Since my Mom is home from the hospital, I no longer leave her alone because she has a bad habit of falling and I'd rather be here if that happens. As a consequence my excursions out have been very brief and only when Homecare is here. That's usually from 8 to 10 in the morning at which time I'm barely conscious myself so that never works. The only other day that I have been able to get out is Friday afternoons for about an hour or so and that is dedicated to grocery shopping.
But this week our wonderful regular homecare lady was on holiday and kindly offered herself to come over and give me 4 wonderful hours to myself. This lady is a gem, completely selfless and adores my mother.
So today off I went to do all these errands and even managed to buy myself some clothes while I was out. It was drizzling most of the time but the air smelled so fresh and clean I kept taking deep breaths and smiling.
Fortunately my better half is back from Greece a week today and then I will have some help and be able to go out more. He was in Athens dealing with his Mom who is also not well so it wasn't a holiday for him either. I'll be glad to see him home. Absence does indeed make the heart grow fonder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home