The View From Here

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

He's On The Way!


I know I'm old enough but that is really my middle grandson. He's 19 and I have another one 21 and the baby at 16. Now this guy is on his way to Toronto from Wild Rose Country, that's Calgary to those that don't know.
He's hitchhiking his way across the country and last I heard he was in Winnipeg. We are all looking forward to his arrival, especially his great-grandmother.
Oh to be young again. I did some hitchhiking in my day but not in Canada. When I was 16 I lived in Germany for 6 months with my grandparents and hitchhiked from Wiesbaden to Berlin. I wasn't alone though, I had a girlfriend with me, you know, safety in numbers. But still, that was over 40 years ago, different times, safer I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home