The View From Here

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Dancing Lady



This orchid is called Dancing Lady and was given to me by good friends when I was unable to dance. In fact, I was lying in a hospital bed at St. John's Rehab recovering from hip replacement surgery. It bloomed about a month and it has taken me two years almost to the day to get it to bloom again. Quite a challenge that was since I am not terribly good with orchids, in fact I have killed a couple over the years.
This couldn't be a better week for it to bloom since I am in quite a mood. The better half left for Greece on Monday for 6 weeks and I'm meant to go in four weeks to join him and visit with my mother in law, who is not in the best of health. Unfortunately, my own mom, who lives with us, took a tumble Monday evening and is not in great shape either. So now my trip is in the air, not sure what will happen.
But at least I have the lady to look at and cheer me up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home