We're Fighting, For What?
Today, with the news that four more Canadian soldiers have been killed by a suicide bomber on a bicycle in Afghanistan I am reminded once more of why we should not be there. Not that I don't think the fight against "terrorists" is noble, just that I think it's a fight we can't win. Why? Well mostly because they don't fight fair do they, when they send in suicide bombers that also target their own people. And since western armies fight with morals against them we haven't got a prayer.
The other part of me has been wondering for a while whether it's worth it. This is a country were the residents for the most part and the Taliban will do anything to protect their opium crops and trade, which is their main sourced of income. How can we possibly fight against that. They loose a hundred fighters and don't even blink, while we loose a few and cry, not that I'm not crying, don't get me wrong. I do cry, just a different outlook on life.
How different? Recently I have started reading Aljazeera on line and came across this little gem read it and see the mentality of what we are fighting. When mother's drug their babies so they can go to work or have peace to do their housework were in big trouble there. They will never willingly give up their way of life, why bother.
I know in my heart that if we leave the Taliban will be back and as before girl children will not be allowed to go to school and women will be less free but is that really our problem? The terrorists will train there again to fight us again on our soil but will they really bother us in good old "nice" Canada. Maybe Jack Layton is riht, who knows.





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home