Health Care dilemma
There has been a lot in the news recently about emergency rooms closing and doctors quitting and private companies taking over. Even McGuinty was heard to say that if the choice between no doctor and a private doctor he'd take the private one. What a switch from our liberal government.
What I would like to know is this; with the $900 health tax that he has been taking from all of us and collecting over 3.9 billion, why is this happening.
I haven't written for a while, mostly because I have spent 5 hours every day at St. Mike's taking care of Mom. That's not my job but the nurses make it so. When they see me there they expect me to take over the basic care, like taking Mom to the bathroom or taking her for walks. That's why today after 7 days my back has given out and I am unable to move. Now I have a pretty bad back to begin with in fact from all the discs in my spine only one of them has a little padding left, the rest are bone on bone so it's no surprise that I am unable to stand on my feet today. In fact to brush my teeth this morning I was on my knees at the sink because I couldn't bend over.
But really that's not my rant today, mostly I'm upset (again) that there might be a two week wait to get Mom into a rehab hospital. Now while she is waiting for a bed she will be moved to a "transitional bed", which is a holding cell of sorts for people who have nowhere to go. Some of the people there are waiting for beds in long term care and others are there because their children have abandoned them and social services is trying to figure it out. It's pretty depressing on that floor of the hospital, I checked it out, but my choices are limited. Do I just bring her home once her medical condition is stable (which it almost is), or do I leave her there over this Thanksgiving weekend while she waits for a bed and feel guilty as all get out?
Tough choice. I think I have until Thursday to figure this out and make that choice.





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home