The View From Here

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Another Party - Time To Get Busy

Today is our neighbourhood barbecue and since I am not much of a cook, or at least I don't much like cooking, I always volunteer for the deserts. My best recipe and also the easiest is a 4 ingredient cheesecake, not counting the crust. Sometimes I make my own and other times when I'm either rushed or not feeling well, I buy the ready made graham cracker crusts.

The four ingredients are obviously cream cheese, sugar, eggs and vanilla. If anyone wants the recipe just email me and I'll send it out.

To make things a little more interesting, I take a little sugar, butter and sliced almonds and just lightly fry them up. It produces a candy like croquant that I then spring on top of the filling.

Because my sweeties likes cheesecake and since I didn't have anything for last nights desert, I made two.
Once I'm on a roll, it's hard to stop and what the heck, a nice little carrot cake would not be amiss.

Of course by now you know that everything I do is done twice, you know like knitting socks, gotta have two them. Same with cake, therefore there is a second little carrot cake which has been stashed in the freezer for next weekend.


Tomorrow were off to London for baby Elliotte's Baptism so no posting and no baking. Maybe some knitting on that long 3 hour car trip.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seeing these pics made my belly howl out loud! Yummy!!!

4:08 AM  
Blogger CaliforniaKat said...

Looking at these is just torture for me in the land of no berries.

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home