The View From Here

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Still No Wireless, Grrr

After complaining to Bell Sympatico yesterday, a new wireless router arrived by special delivery today. I was so excited, I mean its been almost two weeks of being stuck to this stupid desktop computer I could almost not contain myself.

After hooking everything up and installing and configuring the new router both desktops computer worked just fine. I turned on the laptop keeping my fingers crossed the whole while (I'm superstitious). Well, it didn't work, no network, no service, no nothing.

I spent one hour on the phone with the techie guy, who I'm sure is sitting at a desk in India somewhere judging by how difficult he was to understand and with the amount of outsourcing that happens these days, to no bloody avail. It wasn't going to work.

Now I just had my laptop checked over this week by my own computer guy, who assured me the machine was "clean" and purring along so I knew the problem was not from my end. And here's this guy telling me that I had the problem. I thanked him very much, hung up and called back an hour later. Got the same guy I'm, same accent, same language problem, only this time he couldn't understand me. The long and short is another router is on the way, hopefully by mid next week. Meanwhile, live goes on and at least the DSL is still running...

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grr, how irritating those calls are when the person you are speaking to is almost impossible to understand. When I had MSN for my ISP, I always got people in India. If I got a person particularly hard to understand, I would hang up and call right back. That way you usually get a different, and hopefully easier to understand, person. I haven't had any trouble so far with Qwest; their people seem to be here in the States.

12:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My gosh, what a nightmare! You know, these things with computers and internet connections and most of all with so many of the people sitting at the other end of the support phone line - all this so often makes me want to clash my head against the wall! But then again - why MY head? Doing that with the techie people's heads would sometimes be way more interesting ;)
Anyways, I hope and have my fingers crossed that you found real and good support by now or that the router has arrived at your place in the meantime and everything works just fine again! Fingers crossed from another helpline-sufferer! ;)

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home