The View From Here

Monday, July 09, 2007

Jam Or Pie - That Is The Question?

I want to be really really greedy, and make a raspberry pie for immediate gratification, but my generous side is pushing me to make raspberry jam to give away as Christmas presents.


Which side of me will win?...sigh

There is also a bumper crop of red currants and gooseberries and that also makes a good jam. I guess I'll decide in the next couple of days after one more good harvest.


Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Forget the pie, eat them fresh!

1:40 AM  
Blogger Stink Eye & Tube Steak said...

Those raspberries look sooooo good!

Whenever I go picking out in the bush, they never make it to the pie or jam stage:)

3:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmm, currants. I remember picking and eating them as a child. I loved them because they were sour!

I have never found any currants here in the States; I'm sure they exit, but who knows where.

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home