The View From Here

Friday, June 29, 2007

Passing Stuff Along

For 41 years, through many moves of my residences, I have carried this little christening gown with me. My offspring wore it when he was christened and his late aunt sewed it for him. Now it is time for my offspring to receive it and take care of it. It might be used for baby Elliotte, I'm not sure. That's the decision of the offspring and his girl but I don't want to carry it around any more.

It's time to pass some of these things along for the next generation. I'm washing and ironing it and packing it up to send to it's new home. Maybe it will become a family heirloom.


Christening Gown

My sweetie with his birthday cake. He really enjoyed it, cheesecake is his favourite treat.

Sweeties Birthday Cake

We are off for four days at "chez cabin" for a little R&R and there will be no blogging. I wish everyone a very happy Canada Day and 4th of July...

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger CaliGirl said...

Happy Canada Rositta!!!!

hugs

9:19 AM  
Blogger CaliforniaKat said...

Your sweetie looks like a truly sweet guy! Has good taste too, in wives and in desserts :)

Hope you're relaxing and having a nice time.

Btw, your sweetie and I have our birthdays only 2 days apart. I was on Zakynthos for mine with friends from Sweden. No cheesecake, only Napa wine.

9:41 AM  
Blogger Cathy said...

The gown is beautiful and that big thick cheesecake looks delicious. Im sure he enjoyed it. BTW, your husband looks as nice and friendly as you do.

12:47 AM  
Blogger Cathy said...

I just read california Kats comment. I think she and I had the same birthday. Mine was the 27th. sure is alot of June birthdays. Must be all that cool weather moving in, in spetember, that caused it all.

12:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um... you think I'll use it for Ellie? I'm pretty sure I made it clear that we would. :)

You just have to sew a pink ribbon on it for us, then send it over.

12:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home