The View From Here

Sunday, June 10, 2007

We're Outta Here!

Well, sort of, we are actually back now but I couldn't post pictures from the cabin. I have dial up only and it would be awfully slow.

Saturday morning was a picture perfect day to get out of town.

The traffic was actually quite good for a Saturday.

Drive me away honey...

Yup, that's my knitting on the dashboard.


The lake, the lake...

I can't even describe how lovely Haliburton county is, there is just one lake after another up here and they are pristine.

Where is everybody, why out fishing of course.


It's still standing after a long and hard winter. Lots of cleanup needed this weekend and the grass/bush sure needs trimming.

I know it's hard to see but just to the left of the little yellow cups is the hummingbird. This one was all green and with the green background a bit hard to see. But he was not shy at all and was flying around my head an dive bombing me. That was a bit hard to photograph so I just gave up and enjoyed the show.

All together a very relaxing weekend for us.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger African Kelli said...

What a perfect setting to get away! I hope you had a wonderful time.

6:03 PM  
Blogger x said...

it must be so very beautiful there. you are a lucky girl.

5:34 AM  
Blogger jmb said...

HI Rositta,
Thanks for stopping by for photo hunt. I linked to you on my sidebar a while ago but you have been pretty quiet lately. I hope you are doing all right. Grief is not easy to deal with.
I noticed I haven't commented recently. I should check out your knitting blog, although after a lifetime of being a knitter, I don't seem to do it anymore. Mainly I knitted and watched TV but since I got my laptop I tend to surf the net when I watch TV.
I have enough wool to see me out, I think but I should give some away.
Anyway I'll comment when I come by again instead of just reading and leaving.
Take care
jmb

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home