The Perfect Cottage Guest
Well no, not really but his owners are. This is Benny and he gets scared during thunderstorms and firecrackers both of which were in abundance this weekend. I found him hiding in the bathroom...
Sunday morning breakfast looked like this....
and this...
Then the guys went out to cut down some trees while D and I went to town to shop a bit. We got back just in time to take this photo.
So after all this hard work, we decided to feed them a nice Greek feast. Souvlaki, roasted potatoes, lots of tzatziki, stuffed vine leaves, taramasalata (fish roe dip) and a few other goodies including a fresh blueberry pie for desert.
That's the four of us sitting down to enjoy the feast.
And there is D doing the cleanup in the kitchen. Meanwhile, I got to sit and rest my foot. We have a little deal actually, I do the cooking and baking and D cleans up. I made fresh bread for Monday dinner and also a nice little cherry cheesecake. It got gobbled up before I could locate the camera.
The foot is still in the cast, I still have the heart monitor and I wrote all about my health issues on my knitting blog so I don't need to repeat it here. I will slow down a bit, rest a bit more so that I will be ready for the trip to Greece in September.
Labels: Cottage, Domesticity





4 Comments:
Rositta, these pictures are making me so hungry. It all looks wonderful. I hope your foot is getting better?
Well day two of Prednisone, not working yet. I will keep the cast on one more week and we will see.
Poor Benny looks so sad...but the rest of us look pretty happy, particularly with the spread in front of us!
Both BA and Iberia from been losing money during the downturn as businesses
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home