First Murder of 2008 - In My Neighbourhood
A 17 year old boy and a 15 year old girl stabbed a 14 year old girl to death and left her to die in a snow bank.
It is time for parents to take responsibility for their children and teach them well and it is time for the Young Offender act to disappear and anyone who murders must be held accountable.
Labels: News





7 Comments:
That is absolutely crazy. What the heck is wrong with people?
Sometimes I just wonder, when I was a kid, if I did "naughty things" I would get a scut on my bottom. Now, we are not supposed to spank, not supposed to discipline, but yet, we have kids killing kids. There are no boundaries.
It is very sad.
Hey Stink, you don't have to beat kids up to discipline them. Haven't done it eny of my three boys, and I suspect I won't be doing it to my little girl either.
It takes skill to parent. It takes no skill to hit.
wow...thats just insane! i agree with the young offenders act and its need to either be lowered or taken away all together.
a lot of kids just dont have the disapline at home anymore. I still really believe that some of the video games are partly to blame. i cant get over how many parents let them rent these games that are intended for 18+.
if the kids dont get some kind of punishment then i believe the parent should be responsible for their actions.
with that said....have a good day :) hugs
that's awful! yes, the Y.O. has to be scratched.
They should get rid of the Young Offender Act and hold these teens accountable as well as their parents.
I understand the 14 yr old was the daughter of a police officer. I wonder if that had something to do with her murder. This is very sad...they are only children...violent, out-of-control children.
Hi Lisa, spanking used to work and I did and received my fair share of it. Some like Teddy don't do it and have been successful as a parent, others are not so lucky. I think it depends on the child too.
CaliGirl, absolutely I think movies and violent video games have a lot to do with it, I know for a fact that Teddy didn't let his kids watch TV at all when they were small, maybe that's why his kids are so good.
Ipanema and Matty, yes the YOA needs to be changed for sure, maybe not scrapped totally but any crime involving lethal weapons causing death should be excluded. I'm hearing the Crown is going to press to have this tried in adult court....ciao
What a horrible thing.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home