The View From Here

Saturday, October 06, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving

I have too many things to be grateful for this year, way too many to list so I won't bore you. I'm really bad at updating this blog but will try a little better. The major thing I'm grateful for is that the Methotrexate is working. It's been 7 months since I started and I had a rough beginning. Now that I've wrapped my head around the fact that there will always be one bad day and 6 good ones I'm cool with that. I take these pills one day a week and randomly picked Sundays. I spend most of Monday with my head on the couch or over the toilet and that's okay. The tradeoff is worth it.I no longer take any other kind of anti inflammatory drugs and rarely need pain pills.

We are traveling... as much as I've fought against the idea, we are making a trip to California next week. My reasons for not wanting to go is because I always get singled out for intrusive pat downs. It bugs me that they won't accept a doctor letter about my titanium hips. I'm also not a good traveler anymore. We are paying top dollar for these airline tickets yet still have to pay $25 for a suitcase. We also have to bring our own food or buy their crappy offerings and if I read the ticket correctly we even have to pay for water. Everything is so tightly regulated even my purse has to be a certain size or less.  I'm old enough to remember when flying was fun and you were treated as a human being. Nevertheless if we want to see our offspring we have no choice but to go. We are going to Moreno Valley with a side trip to Bear Mountain Resort. I'm looking forward to the warmth.

We skipped Greece this year and that was fine with me. I'd rather wait until things settle down politically a little. Next year hopefully things will be better there.

I hope to find an internet connection on my travels and post pictures. I'm not lucky enough to own an Ipad just yet so I'm taking my oldest, battered up, well traveled ThinkPad. Hope it doesn't break down on me.

Soon...ciao


1 Comments:

Blogger Rudee said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Rositta!

Have fun in California. I know the travel part is a drag, but I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay. California is beautiful this time of year.

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home