Back On Dry Land
I don't think I've been away from blogging this long since I started but what the heck, there was really no choice. The Blue Monarch did have a computer room with four machines for four hundred passengers it was a bit difficult. My laptop didn't work anywhere, not on the ship nor on any of the islands. I did go one line briefly midweek and it took half an hour to check emails and do a quickie post. This is the last three days in Greece so time is at a premium now.
The Blue Monarch

The cruise was a lot of fun and would have been better had I not had a migraine on the Monday plus a bout of seasickness. The migraine sorted itself out but the seasickness lasted most of the week. I wasn't the only one, they were handing out pills en mass at the reception desk of the ship. The seas were rough, no question.
Welcome Cocktails

It was not a large ship, in fact it was probably the smallest cruise line but the service, the staff and the entertainment were top notch but I think the ships stabilizers took a walk and only returned at the end of the trip.

Twenty four hours later we were in Istanbul.

We visited the Blue Mosque, Topkapi (the treasury) and San Sofia on a whirlwind tour. I will write more about these places in my next post. It rained the entire 12 hours we were in port so very few pictures. Also photos were not allowed at the Blue Mosque or Topkapi. More tomorrow...ciao
Labels: Grecian Holiday





3 Comments:
Sorry you never gained your "sea legs" but at least you're now back on terra firma.
I'll be watching for your posts (even though I haven't been commenting very much).
It is so great to see you smiling. You will have the best memories sans the seasickness and other things that tried to derail you. Great photos!
Great photos of you! You don't look sick or unhappy at all. What a pro.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home