The View From Here

Monday, December 10, 2007

Friends - Can't Live Without Them

These are two of my best friends and life without them would be very empty indeed. My friend D, who I have known since the 1970's and Benny the doggy who has been around for 9 years or so add so much to my life. So baking a cake and doggy biscuits is not a big sacrifice for me. They were both enjoyed and appreciated and that always makes me happy.

D's father just passed away very recently and her Mom at age 93 was moved into a protected seniors apartment. Clearing out the home of elderly parents is always difficult as some of us know and it was no different for my friend. When her Mom found out that I collect milk glass she insisted that I get this cake platter. It is an absolutely gorgeous piece and I will treasure it always.



And Benny, well after I gave him his first biscuit, he kept gravitating back to the kitchen and looking up at the counter where he knew them to be. I think he liked them and that makes me happy.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautifully said...thank you very much. xxx...woof, woof D & B

8:33 PM  
Blogger Spicy said...

Your friend D has a beautiful friendly face & a wonderful smile. It's good to have great friends to bake a cake for. I hope you have many wonderful years with her.
Benny is of course...adorable. Yes..you are very lucky to have 2 such loyal friends. Cheers and that cake looks so good!

11:23 PM  
Blogger Rositta said...

Thanks Matty, the cake was good and Benny liked his bisquits.

9:44 AM  
Blogger Stink Eye & Tube Steak said...

Man, you knit, you cook beautiful biscuits, is there anything you can't do? I am envious of your "skills" (said in Napoleon Dynamite fashion). I bet you are great with a bowstaff too!

9:15 PM  
Blogger Rositta said...

He He, funny, I can't figure out what a bowstaff is???

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home