I've Got The Flu - I Think!
Well it's either the flu or a relapse of Fybromyalgia and I won't know until tomorrow which one ails me they are both kind of similar in the beginning. For the first time in 5 years I didn't get my flu shot, it just didn't work out time wise in the fall. I had bronchitis, I had the gallbladder thing and I just kept putting it off. So it is possible that it's the flu. Usually my first symptoms with both is that my skin hurts. Isn't that bizarre, I can't touch my skin anywhere so I'm crawling into a hot bath with my carefully hoarded Lavender Bath Salts from the Healing Garden and then to bed. I may resurface in a few days.
Meanwhile just to keep you busy there was an interesting story in Saturdays Globe and Dope, which is Canada's premier newspaper. This is a six part series and is available online and it's about the Taliban. All done kind of under cover and very interesting reading. You can find it here... I've always said that Canada should get out of Afghanistan. It is an un winnable war and unless we are prepared to be there forever the moment we leave the Taliban will be back.
And then there's this. For those out there who would like to blame Bush and the Americans in totality for the Iraq war they might like to read this and find out the the Germans had a hand in it. It's called intelligence and if it's bad you get into a lot of trouble.
Of course then there's China and Tibet and I'm still watching that one. China is not know for it's human rights and I'm absolutely surprised they were awarded the Olympics. For me, I just don't buy goods made in China, it's really all I can do.
And now I'm off to bed... we're getting another snow storm.





6 Comments:
Oh, feel better soon!! It probably is flu...the skin feels tender,the body hurts.
I don't think anyone really dares to confront China. We haven't got a clue about what goes on in there but until now, thankfully, the Policemen of the world have let them be. That's why they call it the sleeping giant or something.
It's really hard not to by chinese things, they're all around us nowadays.
Feel better!
Ugh, the flu! I hope you feel better soon. I never get flu shots, they scare me a little, and my rheumatologist always told me I shouldn't (even they say that people with chronic illnesses should get them).
The China/Tibet situation is so upsetting. Between that, China's "relationship" with Taiwan and their involvement in the Sudan, I don't see how they got the Olympics either. But I'm scared of China and Russia becoming allies - they are both becoming so, so powerful these days.
Those articles you've linked look interesting, I've bookmarked them for later.
Get better and stay in from the cold snow!
Both China and Russia scare the bejeesus out of me and always have and I'm not sure we can do anything about it any more. Not consuming Chinese stuff is difficult but I have done it for a few years whenever possible...ciao
Oooo Rositta-- are you feeling any better yet?? I am sending you good vibrations all the way from Albania!
I've graduated from bed to the sofa, not totally better yet...
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home