Closing Shop - Temporarily
This blog was never meant to be a place for me to whine about health. I realized that in the last year or so most of my posts have been about exactly that.
This past week has been particularly bad and as I'm trying to recover from a particularly nasty chest cold I got some more bad news. Seems my right hip and left knee are on it's last leg so to speak and I'm looking at many surgeries in my immediate future. Let's see, there is the eye, the foot and now added to the mix are the right hip and knee. My left hip which was replaced four years ago doesn't work as good as it should either. I'm going to start a six day course of high dose Prednisone this week and if that doesn't work the next course of treatment is low dose chemotherapy to try and stop the rheumatoid arthritis from causing more damage.
Then there is still Steve's hand to worry about which will need surgery. We'll find out later this month when that will happen.
This has depressed me to no end and I find I have very little interest in much else. So I'm going to temporarily stop posting here since I don't have anything intelligent to say anyway.
I will however not give up knitting and will continue posting on my other blog whenever there is some new knitting happening.
I hope this feeling of doom and gloom is temporary but for the moment I see my glass as half empty and that is very unusual for me. March being my birthday month is usually my happiest time. Hopefully I'll get my mojo back soon...





10 Comments:
The foot bone is connected to the ankle bone, the ankle bone is connected to the leg bone, an so on. I'd sing that little ditty for you if I could. Arthritis is one cause for problems, but so is having one problem that throws the others out of whack. I hope things turn around for you soon, and I'll miss your thought provoking posts here.
So sorry sweetheart.
Please look after yourselves and get well soon.
I'll still be reading whenever you feel like posting here...
Oh honey, I wish you wouldn't close this blog. I love reading here because you know, you are my friend and I will miss you a lot.
When you decide to come back I will be here ready to read and comment. I wanted to tell you I also, on tuesday, started another round of Pred trying to knock back some of the inflammation and get rid of some of the pains and stiffness. I have some crazy side effects from Pred but I imagine you also have them. Not to mention I can only stay on them briefly because of the esophagus problems. We are alot alike in our arthritis things. I also have had a joint (knee) replaced and need another one and I also had that horrible spine surgery (3 level fusion) from the arthritis. Not fun, so I can completely understand how you feel.
Please take care of yourself and if there is one thing I can do for you, I will.
oh honey i am so sorry to hear this. best wishes to you and i will keep an eye out in case you post...
hugs, bee
xoxoxoxoxooxo
I'm sorry to read this. I wish you the very best and hope you come out of it in better shape.
Rudee you make me laugh. You can sing to me when to come to T-dot. Toronto is lovely in May.
DD, if all goes well I'll be in Athens in September.
Cathy, thank you. Prednisone sucks, I get really agitated and hyper and I'm always looking for something to eat. Right now I'm taking antibiotics for bronchitis as well. I'm sure things will improve.
Empress Bee, thanks, I'm trying to stay positive here.
Swenglish, thanks for always visiting. I will be back I just don't know when.
Again thank you to all my online friends, later gater...
Above all I hope you get your mojo back, be it blogging or non-blogging.
All the best wishes your way.
Thanks Devil Mood, it will come back. Just right now I can't see very well and I'm trying to get my b/p under control without drugs. I am seriously restricting my computer time to under two hours a day.
I hope you feel better soon..
Take care of yourself. I'm betting the feeling of gloom and doom is temporary ( a LOT of people seem to be having that right now), but you DO have a lot going on. I hope things get better soon.
Take a rest, get some perspective, and we will be here when you get back.
Hugs across the miles.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home