The View From Here

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Good News And Bad News

The good news is that the cast is off and the pins are out. I won't bore you with a photo of my foot, it looks pretty bad. The toes look like little stuffed sausages and the tips of my toes are bandaged to stop the bleeding, but below is a photo of the pins. The longest is over two inches long and the shortest is an inch. I was told it wouldn't hurt but they lied, I almost passed out by the third pin.

The bad news is I won't be driving for at least another two weeks maybe longer. So I still have to depend on my sweetie to get me out of the house occasionally. There is a slight healing issue of the wound and that's because the cast was a little loose and rubbed every time I walked.

I have been assured it will get better though and I'll be able to get on a plane in September for the annual trip to Greece. The doc warned me though that there would be no mountain climbing or even castle exploring for a minimum of three months, sigh... I guess I'd better take lots of yarn to Greece, I have a feeling I'll need it.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

oh you poor little thing! that looks SO painful!

i think this will be the third time i have gone to greece with you! i hope we have fun!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

10:23 PM  
Blogger Rudee said...

Well, at least they're off. You've done all that hiking stuff already, so hopefully you'll just be able to sit around and knit.

I'm sure it'll be a bittersweet trip for the two of you.

10:44 PM  
Blogger christina said...

Oh man, you poor thing. But yeah, at least you've moved on to the next step and can start the real healing now. I'll send you lots of good vibes...

5:28 AM  
Blogger Rositta said...

Ms. Bee, this trip might be a tad more boring than normal since major exploring is out of the question.
Rudee, if the weather is good I have a lovely terrace with a view of the Mediterranean to look at and yes it will be bittersweet. Steve has to clear out his Mom's apartment this trip.
Christina, the foot is probably going to put the kibosh on coming to Germany this year, I don't think I can travel on my own just yet, darn...

10:31 AM  
Blogger Chrysalis said...

Rositta, I'm so glad to read your pins are out and you are free! Be good to yourself and let the body heal. Eat your protein. I'm sure you'll still find some interesting things to share when you go to Greece.

9:26 AM  
Blogger Devil Mood said...

Oh how wonderful that you're going to Greece and you can put this behind you, hopefully.
Yeah, I once saw a girl taking out pins from her leg and it wasn't pretty but at least it's already done and you can reward yourself!

1:06 PM  
Blogger Rositta said...

Chrysalis, I've been gorging on steak recently, lots of protein there.
Devil, yes I'm actually looking forward to Greece this year and some of the warm weather. We've had no summer to speak of here.
I actually think Germany will be in the cards after all, I'll decide in two weeks. My friend really wants me to come.

4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home