Single Sock Syndrome
I have never had a single sock, ever... I always finish what I start, eventually. But not this time, I must admit that this little pair anklets that I started way back when did not get finished and will never get finished. I found the pattern tedious and badly written.
I've now found a use for that single sock.
Socks in July! Yes, absolutely... it is unnaturally cold here with temperatures under 20 Celsius most days.There are ten days left before this beauty comes off and I have a feeling it's going to be a very hard ten days. The cast has started to loosen and with every step I take it moves rubbing the wound underneath and hitting the wires that are still there. There were many stitches in the foot and just a thin gauze was wrapped around my foot before the cast went on. There is a strip of foam going around my ankle but it has stretched as well. I've tried sewing it up a bit on the sides to tighten it but heck, it's foam and we all know what happens to foam.
I am getting a bit depressed altogether and missed a couple of important occasions. I forgot to call my two grandsons on their birthdays last week and my offspring was getting a bit concerned. Being stuck in the house is the pits and with the weather not cooperating, sitting out in the yard is not even an option.
We are entering week four of the garbage/civic worker strike here in T-dot and thus far a resolutions doesn't appear to be imminent. The big Caribana week is coming up and some of the events are up in the air. That would really be too bad as it's Toronto's premier summer festival.
Labels: Health, Municipal Politics





10 Comments:
I've been in Toronto during that festival. I can't imagine it with 4 weeks worth of trash.
You may want to let the doctor know about the looseness of the cast-that may not be in their plan and the way it bumps the pins can't be good. I'd hate to see you lose ground because the cast is loose.
I hate when socks don't work out well. Lately, I stick to plain socks and colorful yarn. It works for me.
I hope you're better soon. (I've been wearing wool socks, too.)
Hang in there, Rositta. Recuperating is the pits. The one sock looks pretty though.
Awful thing to be dealing with the garbage issues. You all must want to scream.
Rudee, this is Canada. You don't get to talk to the doctor after surgery. I did call the fracture clinic this morning and they just told me not to walk too much.
Chrysalis I'm hanging in, just though by my fingernails. I am bored to distraction and if it wasn't for the knitting it would be worse.
Rudee, I think I saw a moth this morning, you know what that means...
Read Rose's post. We don't get to talk to the doctors here, either. Hah. THey're the same worldwide-up there on those pedestals we built for them.
I found several carcasses of moths when I moved in here. I place everything in those vacuum storage bags. Buggers. I don't want them in my wool.
Oh dear, still in that cast thingy.
I'm sure you are going stir crazy, hope it is all over soon.
Yes Mary Anne, still in that cast. As of today I'm counting the hours. About 168 hours left...
168 hours, eh? Almost there, hopefully you'll spend half of them oblivious of the cast - i.e. sleeping.
In the meantime the one-sock look is looking very fashionable!
He he, Devil Mood...we're down to about 90 hours and counting now. I frogged that sock and am making another pair of anklets.
Hi Rositta,
Your foot sounds painful! Hope you have a speedy recovery. I really like your knitting! Do you have an Etsy shop or do you just knit for friends and family?
Hope all the garbage gets cleared up soon. The Athenian Garbage collectors are experts at striking!
Liz (cupcakes)
Hi Liz, I know about Athenian strikes, we stay there two months every year. Generally though their strikes never last more than a day or so. We are in the fifth week of this strike and it's not just garbage. All civic workers are out which means no pools, no summer camps, no building permits and no building and health inspectors. It's more than a little disconcerting. I knit just for myself and family and since I don't design my own knits and work from bought patterns and books I can't legally sell the items. I like to keep busy...
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home