Prettier Than My Foot
No more pictures of my foot. I wouldn't subject my poor loyal readers to such a sight. Suffice it to say it looks pretty bad. Friday was the day I thought the wires were coming out. Wrong...one more month. Either my husband misunderstood the grumpy nurse or she intentionally gave him the wrong information. I can't say myself since I don't remember much post op. My memory seems to have flown the coop.So Friday we did have to go to the hospital for a 1: 30 appointment at the Fracture Clinic. The waiting room was overflowing and when asked how long the wait was we were informed that it would be anywhere from one to three hours. Three hours later on the dot I was admitted to the cast room where a very lovely young man removed it. He also took out the gazillion stitches and told me the wires were staying. My foot looked like chopped liver, truly, and I almost made me ill looking at it. My husband who was with me, took one look and turned decidedly green. He had to leave the room. I got a new lime green cast and we were on our way. Total time spent at the hospital, over four and a half hours, yuck.
That's our system boys and girls, everyone waits. Meanwhile on the same day, a baby born 14 weeks premature in a Hamilton hospital found no room at the inn. There was not one neo natal bed available in all of Ontario. This infant had to be flown to Buffalo, New York for treatment. Unfortunately due to the new American border regulations where no one without a passport can enter the country, her parents were not allowed to be with her. Reading that story put my long wait at the hospital into perspective but I do fear for our future health care system.
The pretty peonies are dead, they didn't survive the horrible wind and hail storm of last Thursday. Oh yes, almost forgot...we are entering week two of a city wide garbage strike. So far so good for this household. What can't be composted gets stored and all food scraps are being collected in the freezer for when the strike is over. I hope the city doesn't cave for once, they really do earn enough money and the city is broke.
Labels: Health





4 Comments:
4 hours is a long wait.
Those poor parents most have felt such angst. I can't imagine.
Love the flowers, Rositta. Pretty picture.
Hi Chrysalis, your right four hours is long but nothing I've gone through is as bad as what these parents are facing. I can't imagine being in their position, it must be horrible.
No Toronto hospitals had a NICU bed? Fourteen weeks seems incredibly premature. I hope they all fare well.
I'm disappointed that I can't see the lime green cast. It's one of my favorite colors. Really. I hope you had the presence of mind to take some knitting for that long wait.
Incidentally, I've waited in a doctors office that long here. It's everywhere.
Rudee, not a single bed for a preemie in all of Ontario. The infant was just over two pounds. Yup wouldn't go anywhere without my knitting, ever...
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home