The View From Here

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

24 Hours

Tomorrow by this time I will be in the O.R. having this food fixed. Two years ago while my Mom was hospitalized I broke it and didn't do a thing about it. That decision has come to cause me a lot of pain in the last two years. The surgeon now has to re break the bone, shave off some spurs and fix the toes. I will be in a cast for 6 weeks. I do have a plan as to how I'm going to spend my time. Lots of knitting...


I feel very confident about the surgeon doing this operation, what I don't have is confidence in is the hospital. My reasons are purely emotional, it is the hospital where my mom died from what I thought was pure neglect and a general dislike of elderly people. I witnessed many terrible things in the six weeks my mother spent there.

This is my fourth surgery for different things since December 2007 and hope it will be my last for a little while.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Rudee said...

I'd say break a leg, but hey, I don't want them to miss! Good luck tomorrow, and don't stay there too long.

Giant hugs, Rositta.

7:28 PM  
Blogger Rositta said...

Thanks Rudee, hey this is Canada, home the same day.

7:32 PM  
Blogger Smalltown RN said...

Good luck with your surgery....I really hope the experience is a good one...well as one can under the circumstances.....

8:43 PM  
Blogger Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

will be sending a prayer for you honey...

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

11:33 PM  
Blogger christina said...

Everything will be fine. Just fine.

3:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home