The View From Here

Monday, February 01, 2010

One Week Post Cataract Surgery - Update

It's been a week and thus far it hasn't been a great one. I've been near suicidal a couple of times, bawled like a baby and almost tripped over a curb that wasn't where my eye said it was.

The distance vision has improved somewhat since last week to the point where I can read the fourth line down on an eye chart from 20 feet. I have this chart stuck on a door and check my eye daily. We've replaced the lens on my eyeglasses with plain glass and I have absolutely no close up vision nor can I see the computer screen which is 23 inches with the right eye. My left eye is doing all the work and it gets really tired and irritated. I am really angry that he wouldn't give me multi focal lenses and wishes I'd had the time to find another doctor for another opinion. Unfortunately for me, I really didn't.

I've tried cheaters in different strengths but so far haven't found any that really work. I know that everyone recovers differently but because I know four people who have had this surgery and all of them could see clearly the next day I am worried.

Tomorrow I have my one week check up with the Ophthalmologist and intend to tell him that no, I am not as happy as he said I would be. when I can't knit, read or browse the net I am unhappy. Hopefully it will get better from here...

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

oh my gosh honey! this is terrible! i am hoping things get better - FAST! i am so sorry.

hugs, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoox

1:47 PM  
Blogger Rositta said...

Ms Bee, it sounds from what little I could read that you had a wonderful cruise. Good for you...

2:25 PM  
Blogger Devil Mood said...

I'm sorry it's been such a difficult recovery for you. I hope it gets better soon or that the doctor will be able to help you. I know I would be very upset if I couldn't read or write...*cringe*

6:30 PM  
Blogger Rositta said...

Hey Devil Mood, your not posting these days? I miss your writing. The doc won't know what hit him tomorrow when I see him. He told me to "trust him" and I so wish I hadn't. Then again, maybe it will get better.

7:25 PM  
Blogger Rudee said...

Oh, dear. I'm so sorry. I'm hoping you get better vision in time. How frustrating this must be for you.

9:57 PM  
Blogger Chrysalis said...

Let us know how you make out today, Rositta. I'm sorry too, that things didn't go as you had hoped.

6:16 AM  
Blogger christina said...

Oooh, I'm sorry things are going as planned. But remember, everyone heals differently and maybe it will improve all of a sudden. Hope you gave the doc a piece of your mind, though! I'll be thinking of you...

7:16 AM  
Blogger Rositta said...

Christina, you lucky Canadian living in Germany; you know everyone there gets the multi focal covered by the health care system and yet Germans I know complain constantly about their system. They should live here and then complain...
Chrys, I'm geared up to do battle but I think it's too late. The lens can't be explanted.

8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home