Wyeth Pharmaceuticals Has Seen The Light!
Last summer when I had to refill a prescription for Premarin I got sticker shock. The price had gone up roughly 800 percent. The pills went from .14 cents to $1.24 a pill.
I called medical reporter that I know who has her own Canada wide health show and who decided it merited a story. I also wrote about it a couple of times in May of 2009. Watch the video clip from that story and those of you who don't know me can actually hear my voice, he he...
Today while the tv was on in the background I happened to catch Avis Favro, the medical reporter for CTV say quite clearly that Wyeth had lowered the price of Premarin to .28 cents a pill. It's still twice what it was but I guess a 50 percent increase is better than an 800 percent increase. See, you can fight big pharma... I wonder if I could interest her in in doing a story about doctors who don't want to do what the patients wants like my Ophthalmologist.
Labels: Premarin





6 Comments:
Maybe she should investigate the eye doc before surgery # 2. ;-)
I had to laugh, and agree, we need to save the world from "bitchy, hormonal women," ha,ha. That just got me.
You did a great job on that interview, Rositta. How neat to be able to see and hear you. You looked adorable. (Feisty, but adorable.) :)
Rudee, I don't want to bother her with something like my eye. She just did a big story on MS recently with a doctor/researcher out of Italy that got a lot of press and I believe they are doing the clinical trials in your city.
Chrys, I'm not particularly hormonal any more but I take that pill for different reasons. Thanks for the compliment, I had such a hard time talking that day but the camera guy was a sweetie.
WEll done on your involvement with the pharmacy price hike. It never ceases to amaze me, and the majority of us just sigh and pay the inflated bill. I'm a Premarin girl so I appreciate the difference between a 800% rise and a 50% one!
I've enjoyed my visit to your blog.
It pays off to be connected, but for a little person to take on a giant pharmaceutical, and win, is great. Well done! And I know a TV star! ;-0
lady macleod, I changed computers and lost the link to your bog before Bloglines. I'll have to visit you again. Thanks for visiting.
Swenglish...I don't know Avis very well actually, but my husband has done renovation work for her and I just sent her an email when I ran into this drug problem. You know that being connected is not always necessary, remember the National Bank of Greece story from a couple of years ago...
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home