Sandy
The wind howled and I being the nervous Nellie that I am really wanted to sleep in the basement. In retrospect I probably should have as this could have ended badly. We have two huge trees on our property, one in the front and one in back. I just put in my earplugs and went to sleep. Yesterday a full four days after the storm our neighbor kindly pointed out that our front tree was dangerously close to doing serious damage.
It was actually a lot worse than my crappy camera captured in bad light.
I called the City of Toronto emergency hotline just after 5 PM and after describing the height and diameter of the broken trunk which was leaning over a hydro line and the roof I was assured it was top priority but it could take up to 72 hours to deal with it.
We made plans to sleep downstairs and just as I was heading off to sleep just after 11 I heard the rumble of a big truck pull up outside. In pitch darkness one lone tree guy went up to the top and dismantled the offending trunk.
That could have caused major damage or loss of life if it had come down.
Now for the cleanup. I'm told they will send a crew out tomorrow to deal with it. I am very impressed with the speed with which this was handled.
I'm thinking of all the poor souls in New York, New Jersey and Staten Island...
It was actually a lot worse than my crappy camera captured in bad light.
We made plans to sleep downstairs and just as I was heading off to sleep just after 11 I heard the rumble of a big truck pull up outside. In pitch darkness one lone tree guy went up to the top and dismantled the offending trunk.
That could have caused major damage or loss of life if it had come down.
Now for the cleanup. I'm told they will send a crew out tomorrow to deal with it. I am very impressed with the speed with which this was handled.
I'm thinking of all the poor souls in New York, New Jersey and Staten Island...





2 Comments:
Nice to hear they took care of it so quickly and the danger has passed. We had some small limbs and a lot of wind and rain. Compared to most, we're lucky.
Yes Rudee, we consider ourselves lucky after seeing what a lot of people are suffering through right now.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home