The View From Here

Monday, June 19, 2006

Stuff and More Stuff!!

I'm one of the luckier wives in the sense that when my better half doesn't have a project for other people (he's a contractor) he tends to concentrate on home. So why am I complaining? Because when he gets in these moods it always means work for me. Most of my friends are envious but there is a downside. He can never not work so he's always looking for stuff to do.
This past week he decided to tackle our sun room/smoking room/pantry. It needed a new floor, plastering and a new paint job. Sounds easy right, I mean these are his jobs not mine. But getting the room ready for him to work in means I have to clean out all the STUFF. It is a room where all the overflow from the kitchen ends up mostly because I dont have enough cabinets so the first order of business is deciding what gets thrown out and buying a proper pantry. The latter seems to be the most difficult of the two, just about every pantry I want from IKEA is out of stock. Is there a building boom or something?
So far things are just about finished except for said pantry and who knows how long I have to wait for that.
This week the new bay window in the living room gets installed and then it's off to the cottage for a week of relaxation.
And you know all that STUFF that left the sunroom? It's heading up to the cottage to join the rest of the STUFF. One of these days I'm really going to have to throw out STUFF.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home