The View From Here?

We have this newspaper delivered on Sunday mornings, but because this was a particularly busy morning I simply didn't get the chance to see it. I had a friend, who I hadn't seen in 9 years here for the weekend and middle grandson here for breakfast. After my friend left I still didn't get a chance to look at the paper, I needed to tidy up the house because Mom's doctor was making a house call and I'm kind of anal about what people think about my housekeeping. So it wasn't until I was standing in the grocery store lineup a little while later that I actually saw this headline.
My first reaction of course was, my goodness, they've found my blog, at the same time giving my had a shake. When I got home and read the article I discovered it was about those god awful condo's that been sprouting along the Gardener Expressway like weeds. I don't know if any of my readers have driven that route for a while but I have and when you come around a particular curve at Yonge Street it almost feels like you can drive right into someone's window. It's weird actually and I can't for the life of me understand anyone wanting to live there. It's like little rats in cages. So much for Mayor Miller's much taunted waterfront.
And here I thought it was all about me.





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home