Which World Leader Do You Trust?
Which of these men do you trust or would you trust to preserve your freedom and ability to live how you choose?
Australia - Prime Minister John Howard
Canada - Prime Minister Stephen Harper
China - President Hu Jintao
Cuba - President Fidel Castro (sort of)
Germany - Chancellor Angela Merkel
India - Prime Minister Manmohan Singh
Iran - Supreme Leader and President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad
Israel - Prime Minister Ehud Olmert
North Korea - President Kim II Sung (President for Life)
Pakistan - President General Pervez Musharraf
Russia - President Vladimir Putin
Saudi Arabia - King and Prime Minister Abdullah
United Kingdom - Prime Minister Tony Blair
United States - President George W. Bush
Venezuela - President Hugo Chavez
Zimbabwe - President Robert Mugabe
I know this list is incomplete, I've only really picked the larger countries, the ones that are in the news most often. But I bet if I took a survey the one that would be least trusted would be George W. Wanna bet, comment and tell me your choices for least trustworthy.
Labels: Opinions





6 Comments:
I don't know. I don't trust GW at all, but I think Putin might just be closer than him to the top of my list.
Thank you for your comment, I have been thinking about this a lot. Lets see, North Korea wants to blow of off the map, China will take us over economicall (we keep buying chinese stuff), Hugo Chavez well that's another good socialist, Mugabe, he kills everyone that disagrees with him, Putin well he controls the gas in Europe and the day will come he will excert his control, and then there's good old G.W. Bush. I think I have to trust him more than those other guys. Do we think those other guys won't come over this way some day in the future? Or maybe I just worry and obsess too much?
I'm not so worried about China. I think it will be good for the US to not be top dog anymore, give Americans some humility, but yeah, the rest of the guys you mentioned are not guys I would trust (I would add Ahmadinejad to the list too). It's hard to know whether to worry and obsess about stuff though. I mean, people in the 60's were worried about nuclear war with the USSR and the rise of communism, and that didn't turn out to be as bad as most people thought it would. But that also doesn't mean that nothing will ever happen now or in the near future with these other guys.
Teach America humility by what means though? The destruction of life as we know it...I know or rather feel it won't happen in my lifetime since I'm pushing 60, but I worry for my grandchildren. China does want to be top dog, a recent example, when they shot down their own satellite, they were flexing their muscle, showing he rest of the world what they can do?
I don't think China will start a war with the US, just as the USSR didn't. They have too much to lose. A terrorist state, on the other hand, has nothing to lose, which is what makes them so dangerous. I mean economically. They have a much bigger potential market for products and services. I mean things like gas prices soaring as more Chinese consumers come onto the market to compete for what's left of the world's oil reserves. We pay 2-3 times more for gas here in Europe than Americans do. It's going to be a shock to Americans when their gas prices triple. I think this will be a good thing for the US. Maybe it will bring us back to being a country of innovation, rather than the current status quo of materialism and oppression of minority rights. Sorry for the long reply!
Christina, I agree with you about the price of gas. Here in North America gas is cheap compared to Europe and so people dont or can't conserve. The middle east sells gas for peanuts compared to what we pay though as does Venezuela.
Difference between Europe and Canada or US are the distances people have to travel and a good part of that is rural. Even in cities, we drive everywhere, we have become spoiled. If we stop using ME oil will Europe take up the slack or will the ME become impoverished thereby creating more problems. The only rich in the ME are the despots.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home