Failure To Thrive
This is the diagnosis for my Mom in hospital. Is this a catch phrase bullshit diagnosis, kind of like we give up and let her die? I don't know but I intend to find out today.
I won't be blogging for a while, my Mom went to hospital yesterday via ambulance when she had difficulty breathing. After 13 hours in the emergency ward she finally got a bed. It's going to be a little busy for me in the next little while. My two grandsons who are 21 and 19 respectively are arriving from Calgary tomorrow night to help with the care. In our hospitals these days the patients relatives are pretty much expected to take the brunt of the work. I'm sure it will be helpful since the offspring himself can't come. They are having a baby any time now.
I know that what will be will be and I can't stop it or change it, but damm it all I really don't understand why my mother would have given up on life. I thought I was providing a pretty good place for her and other than her decreased mobility and heart (which was under control) there really wasn't much for her to stress about.
I'm going to work really hard the next few days trying to get her spirit back.
Labels: Family





3 Comments:
hello!
i'm italian!
your blog is beautiful
i have got a blog:
http://www.superjuventus.blogspot.com
you go in my blog and you write a comment!
thank's!
my thoughts are with you and your family rositta. through all of this make sure you take care of yourself as well. big hugs to you.
Sheesh...that is what they told us about my fil..it was just because they were quietly upping his morphine!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home