The View From Here

Friday, April 06, 2007

New Diagnosis - See I Was Right

I'm not a doctor but after being told about the "failure to thrive" I did a little reading on the subject. It just didn't fit the picture. As it turns out I was right after all, Mom has had as stroke, and a big one this time. I told them that right away at emergency but you know how doctors are, they think their God.

Now I'm told it wouldn't have mattered since they could not giver her any more blood thinners anyway, she was "maxed out" as they say and it would have caused hemorrhaging.

Yesterday I spent 10 hours in the hospital and will be doing more of the same today. Two of my three grandsons are arriving tonight from Calgary and will help with her care. Someone will be at the hospital with her 24/7 from now on. I need a hot meal and a good nights sleep. My offspring couldn't come his new baby is due any day now.

There was still stroke activity last night and we just have to wait until it's over to see if rehabilitation is possible. My Mom can't talk anymore her vocal cords are paralyzed but when she heard my offsprings voice over the phone, her face just lit up. I know she is in there and I'm going to do everything I can to keep her. All prayers are helpful, thank you.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Cathy said...

I am so sorry to hear about your mom Rositta, it certainly is a struggle. My mom is dying a very slow and painful death and it is so difficult to watch and realize that there isn't much to be done to help.

I'm so glad you will be able to get a bit of rest now that help is on the way and I will certainly keep your Mom and you in my prayers.

11:28 AM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Sorry to hear this news.
It is great that you have family coming to help out.
Take care; I am thinking positive thoughts for you.

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home