The View From Here

Monday, September 01, 2008

Just About Ready

This past weekend was spent at the cabin fixing the roof...


Firing the kiln...
And closing up for the season...

We got home early afternoon and I promptly went back to packing, well some packing anyway. Two suitcases done two to go. I still have four loads of laundry to fold and I think I'll get it all done by noon tomorrow. Olympic Airlines will love us, they can charge lots of bucks for extra weight. There's just so much stuff I need for 7 weeks. I already edited my yarn supply heavily and I'm onlytaking enough for two pairs of socks and one cardigan. I hope it's enough.

Tomorrow at this time we'll be winging across the Atlantic heading to Greece. I'll check in when we have gotten settled and I can find an Internet connection, meanwhile ciao...

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

oh have a lovely trip honey! it seems like you were just there!

lots of photos okay???

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

10:28 PM  
Blogger Rudee said...

Wow! You've been busy. DOn't worry, you can sleep on the plane after the work you've put in. As for the pared down yarn: KNIT SLOW.

Have a safe and fabulous trip. I'll look forward to reading of your adventure!

10:40 PM  
Blogger Rositta said...

Miss Bee, it was a year ago, went fast didn't it.
Rudee, a sleeping pill and a glass of wine should do it. It's a 12 hour trip, I'm sneaking some knitting on board...

11:48 PM  
Blogger CaliforniaKat said...

See you over here :)

3:28 AM  
Blogger christina said...

LOVE that cabin! So cute.

Hope you have a GREAT trip. We came back to Germany with 8 suitcases stuffed to the gills and they almost ended up being overweight but I think they let us squeeze by with a couple pounds too many.

8:48 AM  
Blogger Devil Mood said...

Have a lovely time and save travels!

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home