Why Only In Germany?
What you may ask, well I'll tell you...seems that I always get el blotto once every time I come here and this time was no exception to the rule. Didn't see it coming either, it was just a quiet evening at home after a day of sight seeing. A beer with dinner, a couple or three glasses of wine later and then came out the bottle of 12 year old scotch that hadn't been opened yet. It went down nice and smooth, is probably my favourite drink but the second one wasn't necessary. My cousin has a bit of a heavy pouring hand and well, you guess the rest.
Today was spent mostly in bed nursing a headache and figuring out how to keep my tummy in line. Why do I do these things just once a year? Anyway, enough bellyaching for now. I did the bridge thing yesterday and that might have been the reason the little bit of alcohol affected me so.
My Grandfather among other things made ice cream for sale in the summer time and one of my Mom's jobs as a teen was to go with the ice cream wagon to the tourist spots to sell it. That would be the harbour at the River Ryck. She always crossed the bridge and talked about those times of her life fondly. Yesterday I walked across the bridge and thought of her.

More photos in my flickr page on the sidebar.
Labels: German Trip, travel 2008





4 Comments:
oh gosh, feel better honey! sorry.
smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
I hope you are feeling better now. I think it does a body good to go on a few drunks in our life time. I just wish you didn't have that hangover to deal with.
watch out for the hair of the dog line! I find people who embrace that are liars! What happened to the picture?
Well, at least it's only once a year and not something someone gave to you-like the flu. Sounds like it at least was tasty going down.
Hugs to you!
Rudee, there was no "hair of the dog", trust me, I had enough. Thanks all, I am well and truly recovered...
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home