The View From Here

Monday, November 03, 2008

From My Travels

It is said that the things that costs the least, at times give the most pleasure and so it is with some of the things I brought home with me from my recent travels.

A bag of sand of the Baltic Sea.


I'm sure that some of you will think I'm nuts to bring home sand, but there was a good reason. It was were my mother came from, a place she loved with a passion and spoke about frequently. It is also were we were meant to travel together and because of her illness and death, never happened. Today I did two things, I went to the cemetery and spread a little sand on her grave and cried a little and I put together a little memorial for myself the things from her favourite place.

Some shells and sea glass.

And some stones from Ruegen called Huehner Gott which roughly translated means Chicken God, go figure! I have absolutely no idea how that name came to be but these chalky stones develop natural holes and when you fine one it is meant to bring you luck. As you can see, I found a few and they now hang in my window. I need all the luck I can get after the recent financial meltdown and the current state of the world.

And finally I put it all together...


These things will bring me joy...

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Rudee said...

I hope these things bring you a little joy and lots of peace. I could use some of those Chicken God good luck charms myself.

3:32 PM  
Blogger Rositta said...

rudee, I'd send you one if I could...

4:10 PM  
Blogger Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

that is perfectly lovely!!!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

4:27 PM  
Blogger Miss Kim said...

I don't think it'd crazy at all Rositta... in fact I think it's quite woonderful :)

2:16 AM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

It's beautiful. Before we moved here I always brought shells home from the beach and fill vases with them. I like that you have the stones in the window too.

7:54 AM  
Blogger Rositta said...

Hi Ms Bee, hope your enjoying the Florida sunshine.
Traveler, I too have lots of shells from my travels, but these are special.
Cheryl, the stones hang in my dining room window where I can see them, I sure hope they bring me some luck, lol...

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home