The View From Here

Monday, August 10, 2009

Summer And The Living Is Easy

We've been gone ten days and it's not over yet. We're home just for a couple of days to do laundry, go to a medical appointment and for me to attend a reunion barbecue of a group of Realtors that I worked with most of my career. Most of them I haven't seen in years and I'm looking forward to it. Thursday we bail out again for another five days of cottaging. The bridge group of eight will spend an entire weekend at the cottage playing. I'm sure we will also find some time for swimming and fishing.

The road to fun and games.
A few days of feet up and relaxing first.

Playing with the wildlife.

And last but not least, Steve finally catches a Pickerel, that's Walleye for Americans. There were a few more caught and dinner was wonderful.

There is something about not having Internet that is really quite relaxing. Now of course there are over 400 posts in Bloglines for me to catch up on and I had a couple of hundred emails to scroll through. Most were junk though so it was easy. And the foot, well I'm happy to report it's getting better. It did get something called a Pin Tract Infection and I had to go to hospital in our little cottage town last Monday. I was given an antibiotic and it's now on the mend. I still can't do much walking though and spend a fair bit of time with my foot up. I'm getting really spoiled.

Hope you're all having a relaxing summer...

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Rudee said...

And the weather finally became summer-like.

We call it walleye here, too. Are you sure that didn't come from our side of the water?

Hah. Enjoy yourself.

12:03 AM  
Blogger Rositta said...

Rudee, that walleye came from a lake about 450 km north of Toronto, not one of yours. There are many Americans that come up there for the fishing though...

8:36 AM  
Blogger Chrysalis said...

Glad you are on the mend. Adorable wildlife photo. ;)

8:58 AM  
Blogger Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

good to hear from you and happy you are on the mend and having a bit of fun there!!!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

9:12 AM  
Blogger sirbarrett said...

Mmmm, smallmouth bass. I'm jealous. I got my fishing license for the first time this year but I haven't caught a single fish yet! Maybe I have to go up to Muskoka or somewhere good.

7:14 PM  
Blogger Rositta said...

Hi sirbarrett, we are now officially tired of eating fish. We have had many bass feasts and pickerel fries to last me until next summer. Now it's time for the Greek fish. You have to go further than Muskoka though for good fishing...

4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home