I'm Sick!
For four years I have managed to avoid Greek hospitals. This time I wasn't as lucky... I have bronchitis and my brother in law absolutely insisted that I go to hospital to have it looked at. We did try his private doctor first but he wasn't available. The hospital he took me to was a private one instead of a public hospital and wasn't too bad. The wait was less than an hour and I was out of there with antibiotics. A couple of things did bother me though. The first was when I arrived and the triage nurse didn't take my temperature. I was just asked if I had one. I had no idea really, I just felt like crap. The second thing that really bugged me was when I had a chest x-ray. I was asked to strip to the waist and no gown was provided. The x-ray techie was a really young guy and I was pretty embarrassed. I lost a little dignity as he got a good look at my sixty plus year old boobs. Eighty euros later I will report that the pills are starting to work and I'm feeling a little better today.
I still owe a post about Paros which was wonderful. I have put the photos on my Flickr page which can be accessed on the side bar. My friend has returned to Germany sadly but we had a great time. More later, I'm going back to bed.





8 Comments:
That's terrible!! What the heck are they thinking? We used to always try to preserve the dignity and modesty of our patients. I would have squawked for a gown or had a few words to say to them about their practices. Not cool at all! I'm sorry that happened to you, Rositta.
I'm sorry your sick, too. I hope you rest up and feel better soon.
When in Rome...or in your case, Greece.
You got what you needed and I hope you feel better, soon.
I'm feeling somewhat better but now my poor sweetie has it. He absolutely refuses to go to hospital though not that I blame him.
Glad to hear you're on the road to recovery.
I've heard that too much R&R can bring on bronchitis!!!LOL
Take care and enjoy the good weather.
Happy Thanksgiving.
Cheers, Di
Happy Thanksgiving to you too Di, see you soon...
Boy oh boy do I ever have a lot of catching up to do!
I am so sorry to hear that you have been unwell, but I am happy you are on the road to recovery. I think that was very unprofessional of them not to offer you a gown...
so how long are you in Greece for? Looks like you are having an amazing time!
Hi MaryAnne, We are coming back to Canada in two weeks. We will have been here just over two months. I have had a great, I just seem to always catch a cold here which turns into bronchitis. Must be the weather...
Well i hope you have mended by now. I guess you are back to the cold of Canada!
Hope your 2 months was a great one away... :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home