Oh The Joy!
What you might wonder has brought me so much joy today. Something as simple as taking a bath. Not just any bath but a bubble bath in my 22 inch deep tub. I had my six week post surgery checkup yesterday and all restrictions have been lifted. That means I can bend the hip past the 90 degree mark without risk of dislocation. It also means I can do things like sit on a normal toilet without that dam booster, a regular chair without a 16 inch cushion to raise it, drive my car again and the absolute best part, get in the tub.
I have been reminded gently that I've been a bit quiet over here but that's because I've been seriously concentrating on getting better. I exercise a lot, walk a lot and when I'm done all of that I have little energy left for blogging. I also think constant updates on how I'm doing are boring to my readers. There have been challenges along this road but it's not stuff that I need to share on a daily basis.
I would like to say that with all of this stuff happening my sweetie who is definitely my anchor, tends to forget about his own health but I remembered to book a colonoscopy for him before I went to the hospital and he had it this morning. He now has a clean bill of health after having a scare three years ago. He had pre cancerous polyps and had three follow up tests in the first 18 months. Now he's good for three years and I couldn't be happier. It is definitely a life saving test for colon cancer which if caught early is very curable.
This weekend for the first time this summer we are going to the cottage where Steve can do a little fishing and I will spend some time knitting again. It doesn't look like we will be going there too often this summer since my offspring and family are coming from Calgary in early August. After that I need to get packing again. Oh yes, the annual trip to Greece has been booked and for the first time ever I'm treating me and the hip to first class.
Happy weekend all...
Labels: Health





2 Comments:
Excellent news, Rositta. I've missed you here, and for the record, I do not find your progress notes boring at all. I'm glad your honey got a clean bill of health.
You're getting closer to climbing that mountain!
Enjoy the cottage.
You, boring? I don't think that's possible. We wonder how you are doing. I'm glad to see you poke your head out and say hello to us all. I was beginning to worry, but I also figured you were taking care of yourself and that was more important.
Way to go-first class. This time you'll get to live it up.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home