The View From Here

Saturday, June 12, 2010

I'm Home - I'm Home!!

There has never been a happier person than me to be home. Well I'm sure that's an exaggeration. Anyone who has to spend anytime in a hospital is always glad to be home. I've had some really ugly experiences this time around and some really good ones.

The bad was a nurse called Doris. I swear she got a kick out of inflicting indignities on patients. She had absolutely no empathy, was abrupt with me, had a phony smile and blamed me for vomiting for three days straight...ya right, I was really enjoying that.

What was really bizarre was that she was the exact same nurse I had six years ago and she was just as awful then.

My time at the rehab hospital was incredibly positive. There was not one bad nurse in the bunch, not even a hint of bad, at least not to me. There were some that were mean to my roommate but that's a story for another day. The physio therapists are amazing and I had a 45 minute session in the morning and hot pool exercises in the afternoon. In between that time I walked, lots and lots of walking. Since I'm still a smoker (a little), I walked outside to the beautiful rose gardens and made friends with other patients and staff who had the same addiction. The first few days I used a wheelchair, then alternated with a walker and the last two days used a walker exclusively. Now at home I'm using mostly one cane and the walker just occasionally.

I have been gone for 18 days and it's time to relax and enjoy my home and garden. I'm going to take the next couple of days to visit some of my friends blogs and see what they've been up to. It's nice having internet again. I didn't really miss it as much as I thought I might. I also didn't miss not having a TV, not even a little and for a news junkie like me, I was amazed at that.

Life went one without me and the world is still turning...

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

i am really glad you are home and on the mend. i can't imagine life without tv and internet though! yikes! i would go stark raving mad i think!

welcome back to the world!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxo

9:48 PM  
Blogger Rudee said...

Welcome home, Rositta. I've missed you.

Here, I've been saving this link for you:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AAa0gd7ClM&feature=player_embedded

9:54 PM  
Blogger Rositta said...

That is downright brilliant. Why didn't you post it?

10:04 PM  
Blogger Chrysalis said...

It's good to have you back where you belong.

7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home