Update
The cataract surgery is over and I survived. I currently have no close up vision and can't see the computer screen with any of the half dozen or so "cheaters" that I have but I can see the screen on the IPod Touch, go figure. Must be the way it's backlit.
All will be well...
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone





10 Comments:
good for you, you'll be seeing in no time, i just know it!
smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo
I'm glad all is going well. I hope you heal faster from this procedure than the last.
I was going to send you an email, but then saw you had posted. I'm having trouble getting where I can comment on your site. I don't know what is causing it - but I'm reading.
I am happy it is over now. Hope this all goes fine and you are seeing again in no time. I have been thinking about you.
Glad it's over, and best wishes for a speedy recovery!
Thank you all. I've seen the Ophthalmologist once and will see him again Friday. He says he will try to set me up with some reading glasses temporarily because things can change for about six weeks. This eye went better than the first one and that makes me happy. Still no knitting though...
Hi Rosita,
Just popped in from the Yarn Harlot's comments section. I wish you well with your cataract recovery and hip surgery. I have to have my right eye "done" eventually, and am holding back for as long as possible since my left eye didn't turn out right, and now I can see far with it but can't read.
I wanted to say I love your Northern cottage photos. They make me feel at home. I grew up in northern Minnesota, and also lived in Manitoba for a few years.
Carmen
Hi Carmen, sooner or later you have to get that eye done or you'll go blind, or at least that's what I was told. I had a follow up check up today and he gave me a prescription for a pair of readers that work reasonably well, not perfect. He did say that in six weeks I'd need different ones but since I'm going to hospital I needed something right now. There are lens choices of course, there are multi focal but some doctors don't like them and they are expensive. I was apparently not a candidate because my right eye had retinal surgery last year and it will never be a perfect eye. I guess I will have to live with it. At least I can knit again and that's something. I've never been to Minnesota or Manitoba. We have a cottage up north too that we hope to open next weekend. We'll see how I'm feeling...
How wonderful your vision will be restored! My uncle and mother had it done. My uncle always wore coke bottle glasses all his life and ended up with 20-20 in one eye and used a contact for the other.
I wanted to let you know I am thinking of you on this Mother's day weekend Rositta.
have a blessed weekend. :)
Thank you Seaspray, this is a tough weekend even though the date doesn't match up, Mother's Day will always be hard. Whenever I see my three year old grandaughter I see my Mother. My vision is not perfect but it's better thanit was, I will cope. Blessings to you and yours.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home