The View From Here

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

We're Here

So we have safely arrived in Athens and it's hot...man is it ever hot. I suppose that most people would envy me being here but the truth is that I do not tolerate heat very well. Most of the summer in T-dot was exceedingly hot as well and I rarely left my air conditioned house.

The trip was fairly uneventful in that nothing bad happened. The plane left late but arrived on time. We travelled with a charter company but in their first class section and I was expecting the seats to be a little larger than they actually were. On the other hand there was much more legroom and the seats did recline much further than in economy. The service was first class, the food amazing, there were real dishes and real cutlery and drinks were served freely in real glasses. There were two attendants for 20 passengers and they spent the night checking if we needed anything. The blankets we were given left blue fuzz all over my white pants and my steward went out of his way to give me his own defuzzer to clean myself up. I had a look at their economy section and I would never travel with this airline in economy. I also had a look at their foot trays and they were not impressive. Since this was a treat only because of my new hip it was probably a one time deal unless I win the lottery.

Overall if I had to rate this Air Transat I'd give them an 8 out of 10 but only for club class. On the other hand I'm told they are a cheap way to get to Europe and lots of students and young families on board.

I will update as I can. My lovely neighbour is sharing her mobile internet stick with me but I don't want to take advantage.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Chrysalis said...

Sounds like you're off to a good start. I look forward to reading more when you can.

6:17 AM  
Blogger Rudee said...

I always adore your European posts. I shall look forward, as always.

You're missing a cool down here. The low tonight in Detroit is around 50 degrees f.

WHile I'm glad your flight was uneventful, I usually love reading your scorching reviews of a certain airline. I'll have to go back to the archives for those treats.

Enjoy your trip, Rositta!

12:53 AM  
Blogger Rositta said...

Thanks you as always for your good wishes. Rudee, if there is anything bad to say about this airline it's probably only that they fibbed about the seat sizes and that they really never left us alone to sleep. There is such a thing as too much service on an overnight flight. It sure beats Olympic any day though where I couldn't even get orange juice to drink. These guys had anything and everything on board that I could ever wish for. It's 37 degrees C here at the moment and I'm dying...LOL

3:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home