Ah Yes... Wikileaks
I'm reading and watching on TV as Obama and Clinton have their knickers in a knot and political talking heads turn this story every which way. It's really amusing actually, listening to them. So far in the documents most world leaders have been trashed to some degree. I'm waiting to see what they have to say about Canada. It makes for very interesting reading.
Photo Gallery of how the U.S. sees world politicians.
One previous American Ambassador to Canada yesterday said, "never put anything in writing that you're not prepared to see on the front page of the Globe and Mail". How true...
Demonizing the Wikileaks guy is kind of dumb at this point wouldn't you say? America wanted to be better regarded in the world after Bush but it seems to me that this way doesn't do it.
Lots of good reading in Spiegel today and I hear the Guardian is posting more momentarily. I'm just simply fascinated at the arrogance. The administration should be very embarrassed...
Labels: Politics





5 Comments:
Politicians are the same the world over and we are their little minions.
There was, at the bottom of this, a treasonous act. Let's not forget that.
The treason was comitted by a US soldier and he ought to be dealt with. The Wikileaks guy is just putting it out there, he didn't steal it as I understand it. Why do we have to continue being minions?
I don't find how making stolen documents public is acceptable or should be condoned without ramifications for those who willingly make them public. The documents don't belong to wikileaks and were ill gotten fodder.
Rudee, on the first set of documents published a while back, I agree with you. They had to potential to put people at risk. This batch of drivel only shows how America views the world and world leaders. That the administration has ordered diplomats to spy on nations including it's allies is what angers me. Canadians have shed nice red blood in Afghanistan and even though we were meant to end the mission July 11, having been asked by Clinton to stay have agreed. And then to find out that that we are not well regarded and are spied on!!!
Let them find the Wiki guy and do their worst. I think he's a marked man personally but the truth is out there.
On the note of publishing, didn't the New York Times publish some stuff a few years back that exposed some spy that were stolen?
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home