The View From Here

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Wireless Madness

As I sit here and listen to the speaker phone repeat "all of our operators are currently busy, please stay on the line", I would like to jump thru the line and throttle them. This is the largest wireless provider in Canada and they can't even answer the blinking phone. This is not a one off, this the fifth time in the last 10 days I have been trying to get thru to them. Today, I have been on hold over half an hour.
It all started ten days ago when better half's phone started to hiccup more than it normally does. I spent 40 minutes only to be told I needed to talk to "Corporate" and spent another half hour waiting. At that point I gave up and continued the odysee the next day. Again after half hour wait, I asked for a direct number and proceeded to wait another half hour also giving up. Next day I finally got thru after half hour wait and arranged for a new phone to be delivered.
This was about the only good thing so far, the phone arrived less than 24 hours later at my front door. Problem was, I couldn't activate it via internet and spent another 40 minutes on hold for tech support. After trying for 30 minutes to activate it, it was decided that the phone itself was probably a defective. I promptly called Rogers to tell me it was on it's way and here I am two days later on hold again to arrange for a new phone.
I dont know if other wireless providers are any better or worse but because we cant take our number with us were stuck with them for now.
Oh Ya, it's now 45 minutes and counting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home