The View From Here

Friday, April 27, 2007

Another Donato Gem

This is the Premier of Ontario and come October he just may be the ex Premier. One can only hope.

There was a photo in today's paper which unfortunately I can't find on line but if you can picture Ontario Environment Minister standing in front of the FlickOff Sign right under the L and I. What shows in the photo is F..ck Off. There is some commentary on this subject here.

Here is the NDP's take on the slogan;
The slogan’s font is clearly designed to make flick look like a four-letter-word. New Democrat Peter Kormos reacted by saying it “blows his flicking mind” how Broten could be involved with the campaign, which includes stickers and T-shirts. “I think it’s a flicking embarrassment.”
Here is an interesting view on this subject from another blogger.

Now we know that's not what she really meant to tell us, or is it? I mean some of us really like nice bright light to knit or read by and not those awful, cold, blue fluorescent bulbs. Ontario is banning incandescent lightbulbs come 2012 so unless they come up with a nicer, stronger bulb I'm in trouble. I guess I will have to smuggle my bulbs in from the US.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grrr. You really have to get your facts straight. Compact fluorescents come in dimmable varieties and in full spectrum, so you don't have to put up with cold white light.

Quit your whining and get with the 21st century. They're more expensive, but they last longer, and use 4/5ths the energy.

Here's the link

Were you this reluctant when we were "forced" to recycle?

12:12 AM  
Blogger Rositta said...

Grrr back at you. First, I was making fun of the campaign by our government. It's obscene and no one should tell anyone to f...off, no matter what. Secondly, the brightest fluorescents give you 75 watts of light, some of us need more. I have just one lamp with three way 75, 100 and 150. Unfortunately my aging eyes need 150 to read and knit. Thirdly, I was recycling from day one, and composting long before it became the thing to do. I also hang my laundry out to dry on a clothesline. The current crop of bulbs, especially the dimmer variety have been known to start fires. Am I risking my house? Nope, not just yet. Also, they can't be used in an enclosed fixture which means changing half the fixtures and throwing them out to landfill. A better way to save electricity is to stop consuming, which I have done to a minimum, that way there will be less production, ergo less electricity used...just a thought.

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home